Saturday 1 June 2013

My Skincare Routine - Part 1: Night time routine

Having a skincare routine is very important to keep your skin healthy and looking beautiful.

During the day your skin is exposed to makeup, dirt, bacteria and other environmental elements which can be harsh to your skin. Therefore it is really important that you have a routine starting from removing your makeup and cleansing your skin to ensure all the dirt and bacteria on your skin are all removed.

My night time skincare routine is definitely more elaborate than my day time which is why I wanted to post this first.

I always start off by removing all my makeup. This is a must. If you wear makeup during the day you always need to remove it before you go to sleep. For this step I use BioDerma Crealine H20 or Coconut oil or both. If I have lots of makeup on (if I have gone to a party or special occasion) I start by applying coconut oil and then I apply the Bioderma on a cotton pad and wipe off the coconut oil and makeup.

Then I start my cleansing routine. Recently I have been double cleansing my skin. First I use coconut oil again and do the OCM (oil cleansing method). I apply the coconut oil all over my face and down to my neck and I massage it into the skin. I then apply a muslin cloth that has been soaked in warm water over my face and let it sit there until it cools, then I wipe off the oil off my face. The second step is to apply my Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser. I apply a small dollop and massage it on my face and my neck. I then rinse the cloth I used earlier in warm water and apply it on my face and leave it there until it cools. I repeat this step again a couple of times. The muslin cloth I use to cleanse my skin is the Pai muslin cloth which is 100% unbleached organic cotton. It feels great on the skin and gives me a gentle exfoliation.


The next step in my routine is applying Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid Lotion. I squeeze a few drops on my palm and pat it on to the skin.


While my skin is still moist from the hyaluronic acid lotion I apply the Botani Olive Skin serum. I only just started using this serum a few days ago. Prior to this I had used Antipodes Divine Face Oil (Avocado and Rosehip) but I just finished the bottle. I had the Botani serum on hand so I thought I would use this first before buying another bottle of the Divine Face oil. I really love this serum. It is an oil serum and it keeps my skin feeling really hydrated and plump. It sinks into the skin quite fast and doesn't leave any oily feeling.




After the serum sinks into my skin I apply the Antipodes Joyous Protein-rich Night Replenish Serum. I like to apply this serum by massaging it into my skin. This serum is also an oil serum and it takes a bit longer to sink into the skin. However I really love this serum. It keeps my skin so hydrated and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels really soft and plump.


After the Joyous serum has sink into my skin I then apply my night cream. I have been using the Antipodes Avocado Pear Night cream. I love applying this night cream as it smells so lovely. It's very rich and moisturising and I do not need much at all. It gives me that added moisture as my skin is very dry.


And last but not least, I apply my eye cream. I have been suing the Elixia Multi-Action eye serum. It comes in a gel texture and it absorbs really easily into the skin. I purchased this when Elixia had their sale so this eye serum, a moisturiser and face serum only cost a total of $29. My skin around my eyes have been feeling really hydrated and smooth so I think the eye serum is doing its job.



So that's my night time skin care routine..... and Wow!! That was a long post... I just realised how much products I'm using at night time. And I also try to use a face mask once a week. I have been using LonVitalite face masks and they have been really great. I also use Guinot instant eye mask once a week...sometimes I forget though so it ends up being once every 2 weeks.

So, is your skin care routine as elaborate as mine or do you only use a couple of products?

No comments:

Post a Comment