Wednesday 20 March 2013

Moogoo Full Cream Moisturiser Review

So around a month ago I ran out of my moisturiser, MAC Lightful Ultramoisture Creme and I wanted to find something not too expensive. While I was browsing the health food shop I discovered the brand MooGoo. They are an organic skincare brand and I thought why not try an organic moisturiser. So after browsing around I got the MooGoo Full Cream moisturiser.





After purchasing I read a bit more about the MooGoo brand. They are made by an Australian company using natural and effective active ingredients designed for people with skin and scalp problems. Even though I don't really have a skin problem I do have quite dry skin so I thought this would be good.

The ingredients of the Full Cream are:
Purified water, Sweet almond oil, Olive fruit oil, Olive Squalene, Coconut oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Natural Vitamin E, Hydrollized milk protein, Aloe Vera leaf juice, Comfrey extract, Piroctone Olamine, Polysorbate 60 (food grade emulsifier), Honey, Apple cider vinegar and Hops extract.

So looking at all the ingredients above they all look natural and easily understood. It's paraben free and paraffin free and it is also fragrance free.

I have been using this moisturiser for around 4 weeks. I find that this moisturiser is quite moisturising but I am still finding that the skin on the sides of my nose are still dry and flaky (but not as much as before I used this moisturiser). One thing that did annoy me at the start was the smell. When I apply the moisturiser there is a noticeable smell. I don't know how to describe it other than it's sort of a milky smell or maybe an off milk which was a bit unpleasant. However now I don't notice this smell as much, probably because I am getting used to it.

The consistency of the moisturiser is quite thick but is still easily spreadable. You really don't need much at all. I usually use one pump and that's enough.



The price of this moisturiser is quite decent at AU$13.50 for 75ml. You can also get it in 250ml for $18.50 and instead of the pump bottle above, it comes in a jar.

Overall I think this moisturiser is quite alright. I find it hydrating and soothing for my dry skin and I find my skin feels soft and smooth after using this moisturiser. I don't know whether I will be repurchasing this again but I will keep using it until it's finished.

2 comments: