Saturday 30 March 2013

Mirenesse Lip Bomb #4 - Review and Swatch

I recently got some new lip products, even though I already have tons of lipsticks and lipglosses I just couldn't resist.

This review is for the Mirenesse Lip Bomb in shade #4 which retails for A$39. It is a gloss, stain and lip lacquer in one.

Product claims (from Mirenesse website): A satisfying NEW INNOVATION in lip colour; beyond gloss, stain or lip lacquer. Colour that drenches your lips for a juicy high impact colour that's feather-light and super-moist with a velvety finish. Power packed with a non-smearing pigment that lasts and lasts....




The colour that I got was #4 which is a bold bright pink.

The packaging is quite cute, it is a clear bullet shaped tube. The wand applicator is different from other lip glosses I own. It has the shape of an hourglass and I found it easy to apply the lip bomb.






The lip bomb itself....Well.... can I just say the colour is absolutely gorgeous and is very pigmented. One swipe on the lips is enough to give you a nice opaque finish. The lip bomb gives a beautiful glossy sheen finish on the lips. The consistency is similar to that of a lip gloss and I don't find it overly sticky at all. The lip bomb has a nice minty scent which I found was quite pleasant.

I found that this lip bomb lasts on your lips for hours. I was quite surprised at how long it lasted considering I drink quite a lot of water in the morning. I found that with eating and drinking the lip bomb stayed on my lips for a good 2 - 3 hours. I would imaging that it would have lasted longer if I did not drink or eat. Even after it started fading, it leaves a nice stain on the lips.
There are a few negative points that I had found. The lip bomb does feather a bit so you have to really be precise at applying it on the lips because once you accidentally mess it up, it does stain the skin. I also found that my lips felt a bit dry after a couple of hours of applying the lip bomb. However I think I can overcome this problem by applying some lip balm before applying the lip bomb. And lastly the price in my opinion is a negative as it is quite expensive compared to other lip products in the market.

Overall I really do love this lip bomb as this is probably the most long lasting lip gloss I've tried. I would definitely love to try the other colours but the price is holding me back. I guess I will have to keep an eye out for when it goes on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment